Saving St Just Miners’ Chapel – The Appeal
BECOME A CORNISH PARD
St Justers still call each other Pard
Pards worked together underground
They were partners
Many were lifelong friends
Pards looked after each other
WE INVITE YOU TO BECOME A
CORNISH PARD AND HELP US LOOK AFTER
ST JUST MINERS’ CHAPEL
Cornish Pards agree to give
not less than £100 for at least one year
MAKE A DONATION
LEAVE A LEGACY
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
St Just Methodist Church was placed on Historic England’s At Risk Register in 2017. It is situated in a World Heritage Site.
We became a registered charity because the present congregation is too small to support and maintain the Chapel. We are now negotiating to lease the building and graveyard to secure its long term future.
What is the Appeal For?
To secure the future of an iconic Grade II* listed building that was due to close and be boarded up in August 2017.
We are raising money to:
- Repair, preserve and maintain the buildings and graveyards
- Enable us to employ staff needed to run the programmes and supervise repairs and maintenance
- Create a centre of excellence for the teaching of organ and choral music
- Develop a heritage centre to tell the ‘Story of St Just through its People’
- Enable training opportunities for young people
- Keep the Chapel as a place of worship